Monday, February 13, 2006

All in a Days Work

I woke up on time (hallelujah!) after hearing both my phone and radio alarms. I drove to Starbucks to pick up the Pastors' tea and then dropped it off at the their home. Then I headed to the church/school to prepare for the service. Church went very well - Pastor Jerry began a great series on marriage. I'm believing for marriages in the church to restored and refreshed (don't forget ... tomorrow is Valentine's Day).

After church, I jumped in my car, opened my sunroof (it was 80 degrees!) and turned on Rita Springer - it just doesn't get any better than that!! I eventually arrived at Panera and enjoyed a nice lunch with Joy, Carissa, Emilie, Ben and Jimmy. Ben and I were feeling adventurous and decided to try a different sandwich than normal. Joy was convinced that our waitress looked exactly like Carla from Cheers ... after looking at pictures online, I think they could be twins!

After lingering for an hour, I went home to change from my Sunday morning skirt & sweater and into my lazy Sunday evening pants and t-shirt (my favorite outfit!). Then I met Allene for our pedicure … as with most events that women involve themselves in, the pedicure works only as an opportunity for great conversation - it's our time (every couple months) to catch up on each other's lives. We also enjoy laughing at the women working on our feet – some get very aggressive and somehow find pleasure in trimming our skin and then rubbing alcohol on it. Others give you the evil eye when you tell them the color is wrong and you’d like to try something else. All this for the low-low price of $20! It’s crazy what we pay for, but I decided a long time ago that money just isn't an issue – I love to pay for coffee, a meal or even a pedicure when conversation with a good friend is involved ... I think those moments are priceless (we can always get more money, but not more time).

Well, after our lovely pedicure, I decided to take Simon on a walk around the block. For some reason, he felt that it was necessary to mark every bush he came in contact with and I found myself dragging him uphill and out of the shrubbery. While walking, I called Lindsey to get an update on her almost-married life. It always amazes me to hear how much goes into the planning of a wedding ... but, I guess it is all worth it when you only do it once in your lifetime! I'm looking forward to my visit to Hydesville for her Bridal Shower - I love all the childhood memories that flood my mind as soon as I drive back into the town.

The rest of my night was nice and relaxing. I went to a college cell group and then came home and read 1 Samuel (stories of men making golden rats and tumors and offering them to God!). Some of the Intern girls stayed the night at my house and then left for Washinton D.C. at 4 this morning. While they traveled to the airport, I enjoyed sleeping in.

4 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

No, not busy - I just like to fill my day with lots of fun things. It makes my life more exciting

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they WERE twin sisters!!! FOR SURE! Carla from Cheers and Suzy from Panera!!!

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister is 7 weeks pregnant with twins. . . !!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Al said...

Jenny,
That pedicure was priceless (literally!)
It is always a great feeling when I see my toes needing a touch-up, because I know you and I will be able to spend some quality time together :).
Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home