Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Few Ramblings

Nicole and I celebrated Katie's birthday by serenading her at midnight last Tuesday. Because we are fasting and could not bring her a cake, we (of course) stuck her candles in a banana. We also found some old balloons that said "Happy 15th Birthday." Nicole used a sharpie to change them to 21th. Overall, the night was quite a success and Katie was VERY surprised. Happy 21th Birthday, Katie!!





The next evening we celebrated Gaby's birthday at Red Robins.
Thank the Lord for endless baskets of french fries!




Robbie and a few of his friends were in town this weekend. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them here at the house. If you missed him, he'll be back for Easter. Hopefully he will update his blog in the meantime so we can hear more about Joshua.

The highlight of my weekend was my Chinese waitress at Souplantation. Her American name is Jenny, so we instantly connected (Robbie's friends could not believe that was the first time we met). Not long after we met, she decided to sing Happy Birthday to me in Chinese - no, it's not my birthday ... but the song was awesome! I asked her if she attended church and she did - she has even been to my church a few times! She was excited to proclaim her love for Jesus and to call us her brothers and sisters. So, if you stop by Souplantation, be sure to say hello to Jenny and ask her to sing a Chinese worship song for you.

If you don't already know, Fiona (like Fiona from Shrek) now has a blog.
Nicole is next ... I'll let you know when she completes hers.

In other news, I learned how to ride a unicycle this week!
Actually ... that's not true. But, it sounded exciting.
(click here for a video of a true cyclist)

I've come to the conclusion that everything is more fun in a hat. Joy and I have decided to make hat wearing a way of life (or maybe just hat photos). If you'd like to be a part of this, please send me your hat pictures and I will post them all in one spectacular post!
Here's a photo to motivate you ... (check out the feathers on mine!)




Have you heard of blind R&B/jazz artist, Raul Midon?
Jael played some of his songs for me and I think he has a great sound.
You can listen to his album and read his biography on amazon.

So, I've been car shopping for the last few weeks. To quote myself, "this is a big step in a woman's life!" I am excited to drive a brand new car (Toyota Camry) that does not beep everytime I brake, or randomly lose hubcaps. However, I will be sad to say goodbye to my trusty minivan (a.k.a. "Big Red"). Perhaps I will host a goodbye party (you are invited).

One last question, what sort of beast left this on my windshield?? SICK!



PS: All posted photos of the elderly are dedicated to Miss Joy Veale.

12 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, if you want to see the bird that left that, it can be found here:

http://www.paulrussell.info/may04/may04fs/M5540.html

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS that's .html at the end of that, if it's showing up as poorly on everyone else's computer as it is on mine.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where in the mind of jenny lynne did this unicycle business come about?
Is "21th" an inside joke I don't know about or just plain sleepiness-while-writing-blog? Everytime it says "21th," my mind tries to pronounce it "twenty-fir..th" hehehe...
The old lady with the hat nearly made me topple off of my seat from laughter...oh man, thanks for the old people...thank you ever so much!
I look forward to many more hat pictures in the future, my friend!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

Nope, the balloons actually said "21th". It was the joke of the night. This is the the funniest rambling blog I've read!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Hey Jenny..just saying hi...

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Peter - thank you for the lovely picture of that bird/beast

Joy, Nahela is right - if you read the birthday balloons they actually read "21th"

Christine - Hello!

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you should get yourself a birthday present from http://www.semcycle.com/ and surf to http://www.unicyclist.org/ for some inspiration.


Leo Vandewoestijne,
http://www.unicycle.net/

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jon A. Owens said...

Does anyone know who this "Dr. Expert" is, that keeps commenting on all of our blogs...?!?

Oh, and I was wondering if you were going to get around to mentioning the Chinese waitress scenario from Souplantation, or if that was something I was going to have to write about. Although I am pretty hurt that you didn't mention that one of your fellow bloggers was sitting just one table away at the time. Sniff.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Jon, I apologize for not giving you the credit you deserve ... it was actually you and your wife that pointed out to the waitress that we have the same names. So, thank you. Thank you for playing such a significant role in my life that evening!

PS: Dr. Expert is trying to fool us all, but we know the truth. (Jon, you are doing a great job of pretending to be fooled - keep it up!)

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Robbie Conrad said...

I might have some sweet pictures in hats (one with Darin) I'll have to send you...or just take some. I already miss Big Red, your trusted companion - say goodby for me.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Robbie Conrad said...

I ment to write the word goodbye, not goodby...sooo ya, thats it.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jael said...

The Bannana! Oh the Bannana! (That was stinking hillarious) And YES!!!! You posted the greatest pic ever! (i'm so excited!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home