Sunday, January 01, 2006

Back from Joshua!

Robbie and I had a great time at Joshua! The ride up was a little long, and I think I stopped to use the restroom about 100 times (my claim to fame), but, it was nice when we finally arrived at Hume Lake. We walked around the camp (which I had not been to in four years!) and stopped for a hamburger at the Snack Shop.





Then we headed up the hill to the Joshua building.The building is beautiful ... they have a giant room downstairs ("The Great Room") where everyone hangs out when they are not working or taking classes. We stopped for an exciting game of Apples to Apples. Then we headed upstairs to my favorite part of the building ... the library. Shelves and shelves FULL of books - I could live in that room for the rest of my life! It was amazing. I also really enjoyed meeting all the other Joshua students - it's exciting to see our generation lay down nine months of their life (no dating, no music, no television) to focus on God. I already see God molding and shaping Robbie in so many ways.





The ride home was nice and peaceful. I especially appreciated the small country towns, the scenery up in the mountains and the little bit of snow.





1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW I love your pictures. They are so cute! and I love that you are Robbie's sister so that I had the opportunity to meet and get to know you! I was really excited when I saw that you had a link to my myspace on here. :o)

I'm glad you had fun at Joshua! Hope you're doing well, God Bless, and talk to you soon!

Love, Chelcea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home