Friday, January 13, 2006

A Night in the Desert

Last weekend, Joy and I took a short vacation to my Grandparents' condo in Palm Springs. After arriving at the condo, we discovered some sweet hats in my Grandma's closet.






We decided it was time to hit the town with our new hats! While walking the streets of downtown Palm Springs, we stopped to have a chat with an old friend - Joy kindly shared her drink with him.





After an exhausting evening with our hats - we headed to bed to rest up for our adventurous trip up the San Jacinto Mountains. The next morning we took the lovely spinning tram up the mountains of Palm Springs.




We arrived at the summit and took a walk on the snowy mountain trails.
Joy stopped to feed the wildlife.




I stood on a rock and flared my nostrils.




Then, I attempted to take a picture of myself in the snow
... but it looks like Blair Witch.

4 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Emilie said...

How you find the time to run the church, spend a night in the desert, and THEN blog about it(!), I have no clue....

However, I did enjoy this post. :)

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, do you ever sleep? j/k
I do not know how you have the time to do it all either - you must be good at that time management thing. . .

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now, you call that a nostril flare? You spent an entire evening dressed like a man, that should be more than enough to make you capable of a good, manly nostril flare. Flare harder next time!

-Peter

PS: This message was brought to you by the word 'flare', the letters Q and G, and by the number 4.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

To be honest, I actually did not intend to flair while standing on the rock ... it often times comes naturally. If given a second chance, I would flare much harder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home