Monday, July 17, 2006

A Tremendous Sunday

Woke Up On Time (well ... almost)

Enjoyed An Incredible Service at Church
(highlights: worship, offering, second offering, preaching - everything!)

Watched 12 People Get Water Baptized
(highlight: only 6 people were signed up before the service ... it doubled!)

Fellowshipped at the Church Picnic
(highlight: ate with a few great women I had never chatted with before)

Changed Into My Swimsuit & Drank Martinelli's
(highlight: swimsuit AND martinelli's - need I say more??)

Drove While Singing at the Top of My Lungs
(highlight: man who crossed two lanes of traffic to pull up next to me and stare with a VERY angry face ... I came to the conclusion that he just doesn't love his life as much as I love mine)

Was Invited to Eat Homemade Mexican Food with the Assi's
(highlight: dreaming of eating Mexican food with a Chilean/Spanish/Palestinian family)

Swam in the Schneider Pool with Joy, Jael, Janet & Some Bees
(highlight: going down the waterslide head first while screaming)

Joined the Assi's for Some Tasty Fajitas
(highlight: staring/smiling at the family while they conversed in Spanish)

Attended an "Awesome Town" Indoor Soccer Game
(highlights: cheering and watching Gus block about one million shots)

Joined the Team for Ice Cream at Cold Stone
(highlight: trying everyone's strange ice cream concoctions)

Arrived Back Home with Nicole
(highlight: the air conditioner was on)
Side Note: it was definately 100 degrees in RB a few days ago!

Watched Nicole Put Several Rubber Bands in Her Hair
(highlight: her hair this morning --- see other post for details)

Watched "Benny and Joon" with Nicole
(highlight: trying to keep Nicole awake for the "good parts")


Cheering for the Game (check out how bored the opponents look
sitting in the seats next to us ... they weren't even cheering!)




Baby Caleb - Six Days Old


Team "Awesome Town"



Scott's Battle Wound


Eating Ice Cream with the Assi Girls



Jael and Natasha (and some kook that jumped into the photo)


Nicole & Ben Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors
(note: this is a common occurrence - they are VERY serious about this game ... just look at the expression on both of their faces!!)

5 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Can I just say how much I love your blogs because they always have so many pretty pictures? I think I can say it. I love your blogs and all the pretty pictures!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger joy said...

so much awesomeness in one small post...seriously...how could you NOT love your life!!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock Jenny~!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Emilie said...

who won the ro-sham-bo game---- nicole or ben??

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

I love how you find excitement in everything you do. Your pictures are my #1 link to City Church people and happenings! Thanks for all the updates. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home