Monday, March 12, 2007

river god

rolling river god
little stones are smooth
only once the water passes through
so I am a stone rough and grainy still
trying to reconcile this river's chill

but when I close my eyes
and feel you rushing by
I know that time brings change
and change takes time
and when the sunset comes
my prayer would be just this one
that you might pick me up and notice that
I am just a little smoother in your hand

sometimes raging sometimes swollen high
never have I known this river dry
the deepest part of you is where I want to stay
and feel the sharpest edges wash away

by Nichole Nordeman


2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Jimmy T said...

Been pretty artistical lately, huh?

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger joy said...

I can't wait to see our pictures from yesterday!!! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home