Sunday, June 18, 2006

SONG FOR DAD by Keith Urban



Lately I've been noticing I say the same things he used to say
And I even find myself acting the very same way
I tap my fingers on the table to the rhythm in my soul
And I jingle the car keys when I'm ready to go

When I look in the mirror he's right there in my eyes starin' back at me
And I realized the older I get the more I can see
How much he loved my mother and my brother and me
And he did the best that he could
And I only hope when I have my own family
That everyday I see a little more of my father in me
There were times when I thought he was bein' just a little bit hard on me
But now I understand he was makin' me become
the man he knew that I could be

In everything he ever did he always did with love
I'm proud today to say I'm his son
When somebody says I hope I get to meet your dad
I just smile and say you already have

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me teary, Jen-o.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home