Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

This is my mom as a young girl (back row - second from the right).



In high school, she met my studly father. The two dated for years and were finally engaged in November of 1975. My mom successfully planned her wedding (including making her dress AND the bridesmaid dresses) in only six weeks! ... they were married in January of 1976.




They Spent Their Vacation Time Sailing Together in the Bay Area
(such a great picture of my mom! - looks like an ad for sunglasses)




In the Early 80s, They Moved to Humboldt and Built Their Home
(if you look closely, you can see my mom's classic plaid shirt)



Shortly Thereafter, I was Born



And Just Three Years Later, Robbie was Born




Soooo .... Did You Notice the Large Variety of Hairstyles My Mom has Sported Over the Years?? (this is just one from the 90s)



My mom is by far the greatest mom on planet earth! She is often referred to as Superwoman because of her ability to "perform all the duties typically associated with several different full-time roles, such as wage earner, graduate student, mother, and wife ... she is a woman with more than human powers!" I am often amazed when I forget to transfer my wet laundry into the dryer and I come home to find it dried, folded and left on my dresser - who is this woman??!!

I give my mom credit for my obsessive cleaning abilities ... she taught me the importance of dusting/vacuuming at an early age. On her days off, the vacuum starts running around 8am ... she just can't help herself.
My mom has an uncanny ability to remain calm in any situation. I joke that if I somehow lost a limb in an accident, my mom would calmly pick it up and sow it back onto my body - she is always calm and she finds a solution to every problem (it's crazy!!). My mom loves her job, she loves her family ... she loves her life ... And I love that about her!!

On Wednesday we embark on a journey up the coast to Lindsey's wedding. I look forward to spending time together. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!
Thanks sweetie!
;-} Mom

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger joy said...

aw, I love your mom too...those are AWESOME pictures, especially the one that should be a sunglasses ad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home