Monday, June 12, 2006

Highlights from the Week


Sorry for the delay between posts ... now that the weather is nice, I have been spending more time outside and less time sitting in front of my home computer. Woo hoo!! If you have any plans that involve the outdoors (or anything fun, for that matter) don't forget to invite me!

Last Monday I went to Lake Poway for the day. I met up with Chris, his girlfriend Jenn and Deanna. We played a couple rounds of Bocce Ball (I had never played!) and then we decided that we need to celebrate old people sometime soon by having a day in which we do things that old people do ... you know ... play Bingo, play more Bocce Ball, crochet, play cribbage, eat out for dinner, etc. After Bocce Ball, Deanna and I walked Simon around the Lake and talked about childhood camping trips. It was so much fun and refreshing. We hope to go back soon and rent a pedal boat to take around the lake.

Later in the week I watched Big Fish. I had forgot how much I like that movie ... it is really bizarre but it's a great movie! Tim Burton is an awfully strange man, but he sure has a fantastic imagination and a great amount of creativity!! I also noticed how many actors he used in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory from Big Fish.

On Saturday, I went with the Route 56 group (our 5th and 6th graders) to see Pixar's Cars. It was a little long, but overall it was a great movie - very entertaining. I enjoyed the music too ... most of the scores were written by Randy Newman and there were a couple old songs covered by Rascal Flatts & Brad Paisley (for country fans), John Mayer and James Taylor. Below are some of the girls that came to see the movie.


Sean With His Face in a Movie Billboard


Saturday night, I went to In-N-Out Burger with Deanna, Gaby, Ben and Nicole. Gaby was quickly falling asleep at the table and we decided to take a picture of her looking crazy. We took a couple fun group shots too (sorry we missed you Deanna).





My Favorite Flatmate at In-N-Out - Doesn't She Look Beautiful?!?




Nicole and I spent the evening in Del Mar and Encinitas yesterday. We originally planned to go to the Del Mar Fair, but we ended up eating at an interesting restaurant in Encinitas (prices are great, but the ambiance was lame) and then walking the beach in Del Mar. It was a lot of fun to be out of the house and spend time together.

During our stroll along the beach, I decided to tie Nicole to a nearby railroad track. I think Nicole was excited at first ... but she freaked out a little bit when the train started to pull up closer and blow its whistle.



We ended our adventure riding small animals in the park.


I met a man while riding a stork ... it was love at first sight.

6 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Charlotte Leanna said...

you're funny. nice pictures.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger joy said...

how can this be the first I am hearing of your tribute to old people???? I heard about the bocce ball ... but not the old people talk...sigh...I've been gone too long it seems.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Emilie said...

the best is the pix of sean-die. what a rascal!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Leah said...

I love the picture of you on the little animal rides!

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that's an albatross you're riding in that last one. Jeez Jenny, don't you know your large plastic birds?

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Jl. said...

i love that picture of gaby....i think it really captured the essence of "gaby"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home