Wednesday, February 22, 2006

With Olivia in Coronado

Olivia and I went to Coronado for the evening. We walked the town and decided that we were both in the mood for a burger and fries ... so, we stopped at Mc P's Irish Pub. It was one of the strangest dining experiences I have ever had ...

First, the restaurant was SO ghetto - the thick carpeted floor was covered in food, the walls had food (mainly ketchup) splattered on them and the table was dirty. Second, the people eating in the restaurant were SO weird ... one man was sitting at a table all by himself which was right next to a fireplace - the entire time we were there he never ate anything and he seemed to have his eyes closed. At one point (when we decided he was sleeping) he got a phone call - he woke up & got really intense saying things like, "you need to think about your future!" We were quite pleased with our giant hamburgers (complete with guacamole & cheese) and just as we were about finished, the "live music" started ... two old men and their two old guitars ... at this point, we decided it was time to leave and get dessert. We stopped by MooTown Creamery for a delicious waffle cone and ice cream.



Then we walked through the Hotel Del (which Olivia had never been in before). I love feeling like I've stepped back in time as soon as I walk into the hotel - I love the old wood and the antique smell. One of these days I want to put on a formal dress, go to the hotel and pretend that I actually have a reservation - hopefully it will get me into the ballroom!

4 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Hey Jenny,
Coronado was the first beach I ever went to went I got to SD..I love that beach,it's my favorite. I would love to stay @ Hotel De.. how gorgeous!! hope you are doing well..

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jael said...

I love the Hotel Del. I love Coronado. I want to go! ANyway, that pic of the Hotel kind of reminds me of the dinner scene in Titanic.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

That's what Olivia and I kept saying while we were walking through the hotel ... it reminded us of Titanic

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your mom's hot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home