Sunday, September 18, 2005

Enough

Two interesting songs that address our God . . .
both BIG and small enough


"Big Enough" by Chris Rice
None of us knows and that makes it a mystery
If life is a comedy, then why all the tragedy?
Three-and-a-half pounds of brain try to figure out
What this world is all about - and is there an eternity?

God if You're there - I wish You'd show me
And God if You care then I need You to know me
I hope You don't mind me askin' the questions
But I figure You're big enough



"Small Enough" by Nichole Nordeman
Oh, great God, be small enough to hear me now
There were times when I was crying from the dark of Daniel's den
And I have asked you once or twice if you would part the sea again
But tonight I do not need a fiery pillar in the sky
Just wanna know you're gonna hold me if I start to cry
Oh, great God, be small enough to hear me now . . .

And I know you could leave writing on the wall that's just for me
Or send wisdom while I'm sleeping, like in Solomon's sweet dreams
But I don't need the strength of Samson, or a chariot in the end

Just wanna know that you still know how many hairs are on my head
Oh, great God, be small enough to hear me now

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger joy said...

:o) those songs are so powerful

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jon A. Owens said...

Well, which is it? "Big enough" or "small enough"??!?? I'm so confused!!!

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home