Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Your Tour Through Hydesville

Since I couldn't bring you with me on my trip to Hydesville, I took a few pictures so you can atleast imagine what it would be like to drive through my hometown. For the full experience, please adjust your chair and put on your seatbelt ...

Highway 36 Which Leads Into the Town


A River a Few Miles From My Home


Cows That Cover the Fields Along Highway 36


Vacant Lumber Yard (several of these in Humboldt)


Up the Hill - Entering Hydesville




Welcome to the Town of Hydesville


Murrish Market - The Only Store in Town


An Old Friend's Home


My Old Home


Just Kidding ... This is the Home I Grew Up In


A Barn and Pasture Near My Home


And just for fun, we'll stop by The Sow's Ear - an "antique store" in a neighboring town (Fortuna). I don't think anyone has ever been inside the store ... you can't even find the front door!


Thank you for joining me ... I hope you enjoyed the ride!

5 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for small town living, it's the best way to go! Them thar city-folk jus' don' unnerstand. (said with an extremely thick southern accent).

Actually, those pictures kinda make me miss Tennessee.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger joy said...

I like the cows

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you would

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Sounds Like Natella said...

Doesn't this make you love San Diego more? Come on, I know you prefer the cubicle view of the City over the poopy (literally) cow fields in northern California!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Charlotte Leanna said...

the old house thing really got me. not kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home