Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm Going on a Trip and Packing My Suitcase

and with me I'm bringing ...
AA Batteries
Bible
Coats
Digital Camera

(did you ever play that game in the car when you were younger?)

Well, I really am going on a trip and packing my suitcase. I leave for Humboldt County tomorrow morning ... I'm going back to my small (pop: 1,200) hometown of Hydesville to attend Lindsey's bridal shower and visit old friends. I wish I could take you ALL with me because it is such a unique place ... beautiful redwoods and a variety of interesting people ... it's like traveling to a foreign country!

Anticipating my trip to Hydesville has made me rather nastalgic these past few weeks. If you know me well, then you would conclude that I am already a nastalgic person (I love reminiscing and retelling stories from my childhood!) - but, this time it was a little out of control ... I went so far as to pull out old home videos and watch them while packing. I guess I'm just blessed to have had such a great childhood and to have grown up in such a great town/environment. They say "you can never go home again" and it's true ... when you return to your "home" it is never the way you remember it, but I know it will be enjoyable nonetheless.

4 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, is that your old house in the photo there? j/k - very cool that you get to go back to your home town! I hope you have a fun time! Be sure to use your digital camera and batteries to get a lot of cool photos!!

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:o) have an amazing trip!
Send Lindsey my love!!!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo fun!! Safe travels! I know how the small towns are! When drivin into Lake City Michigan I saw the Population:1500 sign - I got CRAZY excited! :s I hope you have a blast and let me how it goes! Love u and miss you! xoxo..

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck for your vacation travel…. hope you will have great fun there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home