Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My Recent Purchase

I recently purchased "A Series of Unfortunate Events" on DVD. Have you seen it? (I've been asking everyone that question - I'm hoping to find someone that hasn't seen it so I have an excuse to watch it again.) I really like it. I agree, it is very weird, but I like it. I like the strange characters and all the familiar faces they used for the film. When I purchased the movie, it came with a small book that contained quotes from Lemony Snicket's books. Here are a few that I found humorous (although quite random) . . .


"It is very unnerving to be proven wrong, particulary when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right."


"Deciding on the right thing to do is a bit like deciding on the right thing to wear to a party. It is easy to decide on what is wrong to wear to a party, such as deep-sea diving equipment or a pair of large pillows, but deciding what is right is much trickier."


"There is nothing particulary wrong with salmon, of course, but like caramel candy, strawberry yogurt, and liquid carpet cleaner, if you eat too much of it you are not going to enjoy your meal."

7 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger joy said...

since i've visual, these all seem funnier now that i see them. i'd watch the movie again with you...you might even stay awake for a second go of it!

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Emilie said...

jen, hadnt heard anything too positive on the lemony snicket stuff...good to hear, funny to read. I'll watch it with you for sure when I get back. ;)

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenny, jenny, jenny ... i must say i'm getting rather tired of continually checking this site to see what new and inspiring things you have to share with the world and finding NOTHING new! your so-called recent purchase isn't so recent anymore, is it!? i love you!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger joy said...

i'm bored with this post


*yawn*

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I finally posted - woo hoo!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Jon A. Owens said...

Jenny,

I know you posted this a couple of weeks ago, so you may not even see this comment, but let me say:
1) I am humbled that I made your list of "My Favorite Sites"! Thank you for your kind linkage!
2) I haven't seen the Lemony Snicket movie yet -- but I read the 1st book at my sister-in-law's house last summer, and I loved it! Very odd, and very hard to tell somebody else about -- "Hey, this book's really cool, it's about these kids that go through all these tragedies, their parents die, their mean old relative tortures them and tries to steal their money... It's GREAT!" Nice to know that I'm not a heathen for liking the book... ;-)

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read most of the first book, the one the movie's based off of I heard. You and I'll watch it when I come up this summer!

Oh! And I might be getting a job at a nursing home in Escondido "Valle Vista" I think, so I'm not sure just when I'll be able to make it out there.

xoxo,
Chelsea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home