Friday, May 25, 2007

time for a new post

FYI, Simon had a great birthday. He slept on the couch most of the day. Then when I got home he rushed to his food dish and ate until he burped. Then he slept some more and often farted in his sleep. My mom gave him a piece of "human food" for dinner as a birthday present - I think he swallowed it whole.

Fiona graduated from college ... congratulations my friend!!
You should watch the panda video on her myspace. You will laugh.
Fiona, look how far we have come ...



Jonathan and Lindsey celebrated their first anniversary. CRAZY!!
I can't believe it has already been one year since their wedding! Congratulations you two :) Below is a picture of Lindsey and I at a summer camp more than ten years ago. Good memories.



Route 56 Camp is in ONE MONTH!!! Ah! We are getting down to the wire. I am finding that all I can think about is Camp - it's the first thing on my mind in the morning and the last thing I think about when my head hits the pillow. I think I'm in love! Well, we are praying for 56 children to come - we have four signed up so far so you can pray with us :) It's going to be SO much fun!!!

I have acquired a love for coke/pepsi with lime and a tasty fish taco. I think I've eaten eight or nine fish tacos in the last week. It's sick, but I'm not going to stop now - I'm on a roll!! Thanks to Ben for inspiring me to add lime to my refreshments. You are my hero.

So, my laptop crashed about two weeks ago. I was fairly devastated because I was told it was unlikely I would get everything (photos, schoolwork, etc.) back ... but I prayed to the Restorer and He was/is faithful! I got it ALL back and spent about 12 hours loading it back onto my laptop. Thank you Fry's for the new hard drive and my handy-dandy three year warranty! (and thanks, Dad, for the laptop)

Children are great. I think we (adults) need to purposely spend more time with children - they change our perspective and just make life ONE HUNDRED TIMES more fun. Tonight, I drove home two young boys after an event at church. The eight year old rolled down his window and said, "wow! it is SO windy tonight!!" (cute) Then the six year old exclaimed, "look - a rocket!!" His brother corrected him by pointing out it was only an airplane. But he explained, "No, this one is a rocket. Rockets look different and I know what they look like". (cute)

My brother leaves for Hume Lake next Friday. I am sad ... it will just be me and the parentals in the home again :( But it's only for the summer. When he's gone I miss our late night bathroom talks - we sit on the bathroom counter and talk for hours. Our conversations usually end with us laughing and making faces in the mirror. It's great.



I am taking a conflict management class right now. I would perhaps like to avoid the class altogether so I could avoid the "testing" (by the Lord) that inevitably comes along with it. But, I am learning a LOT ... I can't afford to tell you what I'm learning because you might hold me accountable to it if we get into a conflict. HA!

I end with this quote - "You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants."

4 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, I am so glad you got your data. Have fun.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger joy said...

I love that pic of you, nic, paul, and fiona! Those were such silly clothes & hair days...hehehehe

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jael said...

These pictures are amazing.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Robbie Conrad said...

Im gunna miss you too Jen...like a turtle without its shell.
Robbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home